Skip to main content

Account Manager Position

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Power of Perception

Happy Fall! I love this time of year (except all that ragweed). This month I would like to discuss knowing and promoting your personal brand. I recently gave a key note speech (my first!) called “The Power of Perception”. In my presentation, I discuss the power of perception as well as the importance of being able to recognize and promote one’s personal brand. Perception is reality and your personal brand shapes how people perceive you. It does not take long for others to perceive you in a certain way… but you do have some power to shape that perception. Here are a few tips in doing that: 1.     Don’t assume that your boss, co-workers, or close friends know exactly what you do… and don’t assume that they know exactly what you do. You never know that your weakness could be a friend’s biggest strength unless you ask. Here’s an example: I reached out to a friend of mine to help me with my presentation and when I asked her, she said “Carey, of course I can help with that, I do tha

Strengths Finder

“Hide not your talents.  They for use were made.  What’s a sundial in the shade?” – Benjamin Franklin Happy February!  I hope that your year is off to a great start.  This month I am going to talk about staff development.  Having a diverse but solid team is so vital for the success of a small business.  However, you cannot take a one size fits all approach to managing a team. Oftentimes business owners or hiring managers fail to realize this and subsequently they drive away great talent.  At the end of last year my team participated in the StrengthsFinder survey from the popular book by Tim Rath.  It was a fun exercise for all of us and I think, speaking on behalf of the whole team, we all learned more about ourselves and our team members by going through it.  We also learned the common strengths that bind us all together.  To that end, it was an invaluable exercise for me and my management team to go through because we became more aware of how we need to manage our team. As an ex

March Madness: How to Stay Stable and Grounded

March Madness: How to Stay Stable and Grounded  Mid-March marks ProRecruiters 11 th anniversary. We could have made a big deal and fuss when we turned 10, however humility and a refusal to get too inflated made the desire to go under the radar that much greater.  We know we are in the minority. In tracking the success of small businesses there is a staggering statistic out there: 20% of small businesses fail in the 1 st year, 30% fail in the 2 nd year, 50% fail after 5 years of business and finally 70% fail in the 10 th year of business. To sustain takes grit, determination, and hard work but also balance.   Without balance there is burn out which is likely a big contributor to failure . A big piece of being balanced and avoiding burnout is staying grounded.  Successful business owners and leaders understand the importance of staying grounded. They stay humble during high points, and do not forget who they are or where they came from during low points. They live