Skip to main content

April Affirmations


One of my favorite writers, Jeff Haden, recently wrote about the “Affirmations the Most Successful People Repeat Each and Every Day.”  His message is simple: What you say is often what you do--especially if you say it to yourself. I thought about re-writing it but he said it so well I just had to share!  Happy April.


1. "I treat others the way they want to be treated."
By treating others the way they want to be treated, my own personal fulfillment grows. I give respect and provide service. I show love, care, compassion, and consideration. I help others feel appreciated. I let others know they are important, that they matter, and that they are valuable. By valuing others, my confidence increases.

2. "I am ever grateful."
Gratitude allows happiness to come into my life. I choose to show appreciation for what I have, whom I know, what I can learn, and whom I can help. I define and talk about the things I am grateful for on a daily basis. I know that the No. 1 way for me to be happy is to choose to be grateful. The more thanks I show, the more my confidence increases.

3. "I am accountable."
I am reliable. I am responsible. I never blame others. I never make excuses. I take ownership of my successes as well as my mistakes. I know that my own performance is a direct result of what I think and the actions I take. By taking full responsibility daily, my confidence increases.

4. "I believe in myself."
When I fail, I learn. My failures are temporary because my perseverance is permanent. I push forward at all times because I know I can succeed. As I continually believe in myself, my confidence increases.

5. "I have high standards."
I do not let mediocrity enter my life. I am honest. I do not apologize for striving for excellence. My quality of life is a reflection of my high standards. I rise and lift others with me. By living up to my personal high standards, my confidence increases.

6. "I follow my heart."
Time is precious, and everyone has something that they are passionate about. I do what makes me and those around me happy. The cost of not following my heart is too great, I am going to live life with no regrets. As I follow my heart, my confidence increases.

7. "I trust my gut."
I value my intuition, since it is based on my subconscious mind and conscious mind working in harmony. I know what is true, and I know what I want to be true. I trust my gut feelings, my inner voice. As I trust myself, my confidence increases.

8. "I am resilient."
I have overcome many challenges and will overcome many more. The times that are the toughest are the times I learn the most. I never back down. I work hard and I push through. As I act in a resilient manner, my confidence increases.

9. "I help people."
I matter because I make a difference. While I may get tired, I am not weary. I share myself and love to serve. By making a difference, my confidence increases.

If we tell ourselves our personal truth enough, it manifests into reality. Our reality and our actions will always match the story we believe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Power of Perception

Happy Fall! I love this time of year (except all that ragweed). This month I would like to discuss knowing and promoting your personal brand. I recently gave a key note speech (my first!) called “The Power of Perception”. In my presentation, I discuss the power of perception as well as the importance of being able to recognize and promote one’s personal brand. Perception is reality and your personal brand shapes how people perceive you. It does not take long for others to perceive you in a certain way… but you do have some power to shape that perception. Here are a few tips in doing that: 1.     Don’t assume that your boss, co-workers, or close friends know exactly what you do… and don’t assume that they know exactly what you do. You never know that your weakness could be a friend’s biggest strength unless you ask. Here’s an example: I reached out to a friend of mine to help me with my presentation and when I asked her, she said “Carey, of course I can help with that, I do tha

Strengths Finder

“Hide not your talents.  They for use were made.  What’s a sundial in the shade?” – Benjamin Franklin Happy February!  I hope that your year is off to a great start.  This month I am going to talk about staff development.  Having a diverse but solid team is so vital for the success of a small business.  However, you cannot take a one size fits all approach to managing a team. Oftentimes business owners or hiring managers fail to realize this and subsequently they drive away great talent.  At the end of last year my team participated in the StrengthsFinder survey from the popular book by Tim Rath.  It was a fun exercise for all of us and I think, speaking on behalf of the whole team, we all learned more about ourselves and our team members by going through it.  We also learned the common strengths that bind us all together.  To that end, it was an invaluable exercise for me and my management team to go through because we became more aware of how we need to manage our team. As an ex
August Accountability  “A body of men holding themselves accountable to nobody ought not to be trusted by anybody.” -Thomas Paine Accountability and humility are traits that one might not see as such a tenacious asset to have in the workplace.  More and more we hear of a "collective narcissism" sweeping the business world. Some say they are not surprised at this trend, and point fingers at a mainstream culture that supports unrealistic expectations, cutthroat competition, materialism, and self obsession.  I am sure we all have worked in organizations where the daily practices of dishonesty, blame-shifting, and gaslighting are an accepted artform, and clients are treated like commodities.  Whatever the cause of what seems to be an uprising in a culture of blame-shifting and un-accountability.. The house of cards is destined to crumble.  Fostering a Culture of Accountability  Though it seems like an extremely lofty goal, we can assist in creating a co